Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Alcohol chronicles;chapter 2

THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO A CAMPUS GUY
THE last chapter ended with a confession that i didn't know exactly ho i ended up in Riley's bed,and you all asked what happened to Ivy,relax,even at my worst am still sane enough to take care of the girl.Before i i tell you how Ivy and i ended up sleeping on the same bed about a km away from my room,maybe i should just tell you who she is to me.

I met Ivy about two years ago,she is my idea of a funky girl,a bit of a flirt but she is a teaser,I hated how she would always manage to make me close my eyes as i moved in for the random kiss and then she would justtouch my lips lightly and vanish,and you know what happens when you tease a lion?Ivy is in her freshman year and so she is still raw in the matters of the world as per the walls of this institution of higher learning,but she is no blonde.and she hates dissapponting people,which expains why she came to the party in the middle of the night.But our relationship is purely platonic(Chris Rock doesnt think they exist but i could prove him wrong-i think),that is,if your view of platonic is distorted.

In the previous chapter i described,albeit too lightly,how we moved the party to the parking lot when the guards refused to let her through.The Somali night housekeeper in my hostel is a stickler for rules,he wouldnt let his mother through if she came past curfew am sure.and so to make tequila from lemons,i grabbed the vodka,Riley grabbed the lime and glasses and we declared the party moved.Its weird how much fun you can have with just three people who understand you,make that for,i hadnt factored in the vodka.

I drank too much,but how much is too much??and now Ivy wont sttop reminding me of the way i was getting all weirdo showing her the stars as we lay on the grass.the noise and commotion the two of us(Riley was on the phone,either with his clande or his insomniac girlfriend)was enough to drive any sober person crazy,The Somali housekeeper came down the stairs twice and both times i lied to him,i think the first time i told him that my name is John and i live on the third floor of the hostel next to mine,but i doubt he believed me,i dont know why,but am pretty sure that i contradicted myself when he came the second time.I wasnt afraid of him,but the bloody beaurecratic system would peel the layers off me if he started a case with the accomodation department,other than that,he can go take a dip in a frying pan for all i care.

At around 4am we were burnt out,all the noise,one and a half 'mzingas' of vodka downed,what was left was to head to bed but the headache was still there,buzzing all around us waiting for us to try and sneak Ivy into my room again.Riley lives in a hostel that is around a km from mine,they are refurbished builidings that seem like a ghost town,the rules there are seemingly no-existent but the price to pay for that is that the room has at least three occupants and the partitions of three are made of cardboard.So it was obvious that Ivy could only sleep there,the matter at hand then became where Ivy would sleep.The problem was easily solved by harnessing jealousy into positive energy and coming up with a king solomon like solution:Riley took my bed,and Ivy and I took the long walk to his.

I doubt his roommates slept though,seeing a drunk srtanger and a girl walk through the door in the wee hours of the morning,high as a concorde,am sure they were just waiting for the creaking bed,well,if they ever do read my blog,sorry guys!

1 comment: